Thursday, July 17, 2008

Project Wednesday Report

Here it is! The inaugural project for Project Wednesday. I decided Heather Bailey's pin cushion because I really needed one and it's so cute. It was pretty easy but there are some things that I will do differently next time. First off, it's way too small. I'm not sure if I missed something or if the pattern did not print out at the appropriate size. It was supposed to be 3 1/2 inches wide but ended up being nearly 2 inches. I hand-stitched the pin cushion using a quilting technique my friend Wendy taught me. It really didn't work well. I couldn't get the stitches close enough, so next time I will use my machine.

What's up for next week? I'm not sure. I really need to build some inventory for my etsy store, so I'll probably work on a case-bound book. Or, maybe I will make a little pouch for my new iPhone. What about you? What will you be working on?

Thank you so much to Elise from Funky and Delightful for the props and encouragement! As for Project Runway, it was a typical first episode -- so many designers and looks it was hard to keep things straight. And, I was slightly disappointed that the designers didn't take more risks. Nonetheless, it was awesome and I can't wait for next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so dang crafty! I L-O-V-E the chairs. Before we moved I bought some metal retro looking outdoor chairs from The Pottery (which I hear is no more) for like $20 each. They rock a little but remind me of chairs my Mawmaw used to have on her patio.

I am trying to work on my kids' paintings to build up inventory for my etsy store. I've gotten a few canvases painted with the background color and sketched out but haven't finished one yet. I'm trying to work on them for at least an hour a day during naptime.