Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cookies!

I love to make Christmas cookies.  But, through the years I've realized that when baking multiple batches of holiday cheer, simplicity is key.  Gone are the days of floured surfaces, rolling pins and cookie cutters. This year I stuck to four cookies, all of which are easy to make.  Here's a shot of the baking in progress: 


Along with my two favorites that I do every year, Grandma Donnell's Sand Tarts and Chewy Molasses-Spice Cookies, I set out to find two other recipes that didn't have an exhaustive ingredient list and didn't require too much work.  Here's a shot of the Molasses Cookies and one of my new favorites, Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies.  


Now, I don't make all these cookies just for me and Matt. I love giving them to family, friends and neighbors.  When I saw that Martha Stewart Crafts came out with cookie packaging, I had to to get some. They are so cute!  


Besides eating the cookies, my favorite thing is to package and send them on their way.  Aren't they lovely?  Clockwise from the top left:  Lemon Wreath Cookies, Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies, Grandma Donnell's Sand Tarts, and Chewy Molasses-Spiced Cookies. Happy eating! 


No comments: