Monday, November 26, 2012

Today is the Day

There it is -- number 26 on my 34 for 34 list, "Go on a Facebook Holiday."  So, I've decided that today is the day.  Why take a break?  Well, don't get me wrong, Facebook is a great way to connect with people and keep updated on goings-on, but I need a break.  In between the pictures of far-flung travels and meaningful updates, there's a lot stuff that I'd rather not know or see.  And, the more that I think about it, it feels like Facebook makes me less connected with my friends and family.  "Why do I need to call So-and-so when I know exactly what's going on her life because it's all over her FB wall?"    

I'm not sure if it will last or for how long.  I left it vague for a reason.  I've already uninstalled the FB app on my phone, but I don't plan to shut down my profile down completely (for now anyways).  And, I set my notifications to let me know when someone posts something on my wall or sends me a message.  In the meantime, you can find me here or on twitter.  

3/100
Pin It

No comments: