Monday, August 20, 2007

Not Quite Master of the Universe

Greetings from the nether-reaches of research land. I know that I have been gone for far too long, but I have emerged from the darkness to report that I have graduated! After a great Terminal Project presentation on Wednesday (and subsequent celebration with tequila at Kathleen's), I graduated with a Master of Science degree in Historic Preservation! I actually have a few things to finish up on my project, but I am essentially done! Hooray! Saturday, I walked in the graduation ceremony. It was held on my favorite part of campus (the most historic, of course!). Unlike my undergrad graduation at UGA, where my entire college just stood up and sat down, they actually called my name. It was really nice even though they butchered my last name. Can you say LIS-LEY? I mean, is Lisle really that difficult to pronounce, especially if you have a PhD?
My parents drove down from Montana and, of course, Matt was there. And, I got to go through it all with my good pal, Kathleen, who was my study-buddy all summer. What's next? Well, Matt and I leave Eugene for good tomorrow and will make our way to Austin, Texas over the next three to four days. I have an interview on Friday for a job that I'd really love, I think. So, cross your fingers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you and happy for you! I know it must feel so good to be done!! Hooray!!! Signed, your biggest fan.