Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Matt and I had a nice, low key evening. We decided last year that we would forgo the gift-giving and fighting the crowds at nice restaurants. Instead, we make each other hand-made valentines, I make a nice dinner, and Matt is responsible for dessert.


Being my crafty self, I put together a little paper hearts valentine for Matt. Being his techy self, Matt made me a google gadget for my iGoogle home page which included a variety of YouTube videos. This one was one of them and one of my favorites:




As for dinner, I made a Martha Stewart recipe for orrechietti with radicchio, mushrooms, and gorgonzola. I tweaked the recipe by adding some NY strip steak and served it hot but, alas, it did not turn out well. The bitterness of radicchio overwhelmed the entire dish. So much for the nice dinner. At least dessert made up for it. Matt and I headed to Dolce Vita for some yummy gelato!

No comments: