Thursday, September 11, 2008

Project Wednesday

It's been a while, hasn't it? Sorry about the lapse. We've been traveling and totally consumed by the presidential election. Now that the conventions are over, I can focus on what is really important: Crafting!

Last week I attempted to do a crewel embroidery pattern that I purchased at my favorite local fabric store, Craft-o-Rama. I don't know if it was because I was tired or what, but it took me forever to stitch very little. Frustrated, I gave up, had a glass of wine and went to bed. Here' s how far I got:


Inspired by Pet Month on Apartment Therapy and a chance find at Joanne's, I decided to make Hurley-Burley a spirited UGA scarf for last night's Project Wednesday. After all, it is our year and we need to represent. I purchased the UGA fabric at Joanne's and used a home decorator fabric for the edging.


Hurley looks quite handsome with his new threads. Unfortunately, he'd rather chew on his scarf than represent. Within an hour of putting it on, he was already working to destroy it. Now, we'll have to bring it out on special occasions when he can be supervised.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! E.D.