Sunday, July 22, 2007

Inspiration Everywhere!


I don't know about you but I find inspiration everywhere, especially in magazines! My favorites are Blueprint, MS Living, Domino, and Real Simple. These mags always have great ideas for crafts, decorating, and organization. However, I do not like the idea of keeping a stack of magazines in the corner of my bedroom gathering dust. So, I decided to create an inspiration notebook where I can cut and paste my favorite ideas found in magazines and easily access them when I'm ready to do a project. This is really the reincarnation of a two similar notebooks that I've created before -- one for my wedding where I gathered pictures of dresses, flowers, favors, etc and another for all the recipes that I find on the Internet.

All you need for this project is a simple sketch book, self-adhesive tabs, and a little imagination. First, I created headings to organize the ideas and projects. For my inspiration notebook, I've included headings for crafting, decorating, miscellaneous, organization, sewing, and wishes. Then, I created self-adhesive tabs for each heading and adhered them throughout the edges notebook. To make the notebook special, I covered the front with one of my favorite paper patterns (it's wrapping paper from my favorite local store Letterhead) and cut out a rectangle for my title, which I decorated with stamps and paper punches. It's a great way to keep all those inspiring projects organized and in one central location.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should submit this to lifehacker.com ...

kata_leen said...

you should get back to working on your terminal project . . .